We started by providing home treatment services for patients needing physiotherapy in their own home. We subsequently decided to expand this service to cater for those needing more intensive physiotherapy in a suitable environment.
For more information on the conditions we treat and services we offer, or to book an appointment, please call 01702 352752 / 07852 907592 or email us at email@example.com
The Proposed Service Principles
- To provide thorough physiotherapy assessment to adults with both acute and chronic musculoskeletal problems
- To provide appropriate treatment based on clinical findings to the patient with musculoskeletal disorders using current evidenced based practice.
- To supports patient with chronic pain conditions manage their conditions using available evidenced based practice through our rehabilitation approach.
- In the field of physiotherapy the traditional treatment approaches to chronic pain have been less than rewarding. Based on our experience, we can provide a chronic rehabilitation programme to meet the needs of those patients with chronic painful conditions
- We specialise in the provision of outpatient musculoskeletal services to patients suffering with soft tissue injury and spinal problems.
- We also have an experienced specialist physiotherapist in the field of neurological rehabilitation. Our aim is to provide high standards of care to improve our patients quality of life, by maximising the potential of the affected parts of the body.
- To deliver prompt and clinically effective treatments, that prevent avoidable secondary complications and reduces the need for more costly interventions
- To provide community services that have strong emphasis on patient education and self-management, thereby promoting active, healthy lifestyles and reducing recurrence of injury or illness.
- To support and guide chronic pain patient through their journey to functional recovery.
- To deliver effective treatment approach in line with the NICE guidelines reduce the demand on secondary care services.
- To provide services in the community and sometimes in patient home by encouraging patient to be actively involved in their own care
- Provide prompt post-operative rehabilitation care for orthopaedic patients such joint stiffness and muscle weakness
Aims Chronic Pain Consultation
- Assessments and physiotherapy treatment to improve flexibility, muscle strength, agility and general fitness to improve mobility and posture
- Challenge patient thoughts and beliefs in order to improve mood and confidence especially in patients chronic painful conditions
- Help you to reduce the effects of pain on family and improve social relationships
- Independence and maintenance of treatment gains.
- We will discuss different coping strategies and guide you all the way to achieving your goals.
- To increase activity and participation; and encourage self-management.
- To achieve an appropriate balance between activity and rest in order to avoid increase patient symptoms
We also provide other therapy services including:
- Exercise programme tailored to the need of our patients. Exercises are designed to restore joint movement, improve muscle strength and muscle endurance.
- Specific Soft Tissue Mobilisation Techniques: These hands-on techniques are beneficial to manage pain due to muscle, tendons and ligaments.
- Manual Therapies: Manual therapy is hand-on techniques that are carried out to restore fine joint movement as a result of stiffness causing pain.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Techniques (CBT) as adjuncts to physiotherapy exercise programme that aim to increase workers’ use of safe work postures, movements, and procedures. CBT is also an important component of the rehabilitation process in the management of chronic painful conditions following an acute injury.